Conversations are taking place all day long at A&E firms, yet 75% are the wrong conversations.
Most conversations in your company are killing productivity, utilization rates and ultimately profits.
Did you realize there are only four types of conversations you and your personnel can possibly engage?
That’s absolutely true.
Whether the conversations are between a team member and a prospective client, a team member and a current client, two staff members, a partner and a staff member, a manager and their direct report, there are still only four possible conversations.
And, it’s vital you and your staff understand that three of those four conversations are the “wrong” conversation.
By “wrong” I mean it is not a conversation that drives a desired outcome or brings to resolution an issue that needs resolving.
The Four Conversations is a workplace communication model created in the midst of facilitating a workshop for a client in 2013.
The four conversations are:
- The wrong conversation with the wrong person
- The wrong conversation with the right person
- The right conversation with the wrong person
- The right conversation with the right person
You can probably guess the “right” conversation you should engage in.
It’s the latter, the one at the bottom of the list.
Above the “right” conversation on that list are the other three “wrong” conversations.
You and your personnel need to understand each, and be able to rapidly identify when you are engaged in each, then develop the verbal skills, the self-confidence and the self-esteem to move them towards the “right” conversation, promptly, directly and respectfully.
It’s too much to explain here, so to learn more click the link below to access a recently recorded webinar on the topic:
It will forever change the way you and your team look at the conversations taking place every day in and around your firm.
Invest in Yourself. Invest in your Firm.
Sign up for our Complimentary Project and Business Management Webinars
We usually offer 2 of the following educational webinars aimed at AEC project managers and business executives each month:
- 9 Places Your Firm is Losing Profits
- Developing Superstar Project Managers
- 3 Steps to Increase Your Fees Now
- 6 Steps to Increase Profits in AE Firms
- Find the Lost Dollars Through R&D Tax Credit
- 6 Steps to Holding Employees Accountable
- Create a Profitable Culture with Accountable Learning
- Reduce Scope Creep & Get Paid for Extra Services
- Turning Around an Underperforming Team
- Building a More Profitable A&E Firm